The QS Asia-Pacific Professional Leaders in Education (QS-APPLE) is the oldest Asia-Pacific international higher education conference and exhibition, with its first edition being held in Singapore in August 2005. The objective of QS-APPLE is to create an inclusive platform where all voices from the Asia-Pacific and beyond can be heard; thereby accelerating the advancement of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year, the conference will be held in Fukuoka, Japan and highlight the excellence and diversity of Japan’s higher education system and its research activities. An industrial and technological powerhouse in its own right, Japanese leadership in high technology has been underpinned by a world class higher education system. Despite its global reputation for excellence, the Japanese higher education system has internationalised at its own pace. This pace has recently accelerated, with Japanese higher education raising its global footprint.
At the same time, the ageing population across the world, particularly in Japan, is creating economic challenges. A declining labour force due to its silver population will result in diminished GDP growth. Hence, QS and the Kyushu University have come together to organise the upcoming QS-APPLE 2019 to address both the challenges and opportunities of Industry 4.0 in an ageing world.
QS-APPLE provides a global platform for knowledge sharing, discussions and debate and the facilitation of international professional networking and collaboration. The QS Squared Debate session gathers outstanding academics, professionals and relevant stakeholders for an exchange of views on the future of global higher education; while the QS Hub serves as an exhibition space for participants to engage and network with international representatives and establish partnerships between universities.
26-28 November 2019
Fukuoka International Congress Center (FICC)
Our programmes are constantly designed to have maximum international representation and address various concerns of global significance. We have planned the sessions and themes to rectify compelling global challenges, with a singular objective of promoting international higher education and research.
The exciting highlights at QS-APPLE 2019 include:
- Parallel sessions – featuring general and specific aspects of international higher education
- Plenary sessions – with keynote addresses by leading authorities on higher education
- QS Squared Debate – exciting, interactive engagement of the academia for the better understanding of higher education concepts
- Exhibition – leading universities and other higher education institutions from around the world showcasing their institutions and programmes
- Creative Awards – for best international education promotional design in four categories
- Vibrant social programme – comprising ice-breaking reception, conference dinner and closing lunch during the three conference days, for more relaxed networking
QS-APPLE is designed for senior and middle-ranking academics, educators and administrators from universities and colleges around the world who aspire to advance the international success of their institutions and students.
- Early-bird offer ends – 30 July 2019
- Online registration closes – 15 November 2019
- Conference / Exhibition Days – 26-28 November 2019
* The dates above are tentative and may be subjected to changes.